SoftLedger Support Services Terms
General. Designated Contacts (as defined below) may submit cases over the Internet or by telephone. SoftLedger will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly respond to and resolve each case. Actual resolution time will depend on the nature of the case and the resolution. A resolution may consist of a fix, workaround or other solution as determined by SoftLedger in its reasonable discretion.
Designated Contacts. “Designated Contacts” (or “DCs”) are Your representatives who are authorized to submit cases for a support response from SoftLedger. You shall notify SoftLedger of the identity of the Designated Contacts and of all changes thereof.
Designated Contacts shall be responsible for:
1. Overseeing Your support case activity;
2. Developing and deploying troubleshooting processes within Your organization; and
3. Resolving password reset, username and lockout issues for Your Users.
You shall ensure that Designated Contacts:
1. Are knowledgeable about the Services in order to help resolve, and to assist SoftLedger in analyzing and resolving, technical issues; and
2. Have a basic understanding of any problem that is the subject of a case, and the ability to reproduce the problem in order to assist SoftLedger in diagnosing and resolving it.
Basic Support. Basic Support is available Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Pacific time. All Standard Support cases will be designated as either Minor or No Impact severity (as described below) by SoftLedger independent of the designation submitted by the Designated Contact. Standard Support DOES NOT INCLUDE support for cases relating to the usage of Items, Fillable Forms, Service Templates, Pricing Contracts, bulk data import, regions, custom user roles, cases relating to the SoftLedger Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). Standard Support cases may only be submitted by email to email@example.com or via the Support menu selection from the SoftLedger application.
Standard Support. Standard Support is available via telephone in English on Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Pacific time. Designated Contacts with Select Support entitlement can submit a Select Support case as outlined below in Select and Premium Case Submission. Select Support DOES NOT INCLUDE support for cases relating to the usage of SoftLedger Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) or cases relating to usage of Contracts.
Premium Support. Premium Support is available via telephone in English twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, three hundred and sixty five days a year. Designated Contacts with Premium Support entitlement can submit a Premium Support case as outlined below in Select and Premium Case Submission.
Standard and Premium Case Submission. Standard and Premium Support cases can be submitted at the following number:
Designated Contacts may submit a Standard or Premium Support case in any of the following ways:
2. By telephone call to Customer Support as described above. For Severity Level 1 and 2 issues, a Designated Contact must call Customer Support.
3. If https://app.softledger.com is unavailable, a Designated Contact may e-mail case details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance with password resets, Your users should use the “Lost Username or Password?” link on the login page or contact a Designated Contact.
Severity Levels. Issues will be categorized and handled according to an assigned severity level. The case severity level is selected by the Designated Contact at time of case submission, and will be updated by SoftLedger as follows:
Level 1 – Urgent. Critical production issue affecting all users, including system unavailability and data integrity issues with no workaround available.
Level 2 – High. Major functionality is impacted or significant performance degradation is experienced. Issue is persistent and affects many users and/or major functionality. No reasonable workaround available. Also includes time-sensitive requests such as requests for feature activation or a data export.
Level 3 – Normal. Problems encountered in a production environment; irritant; minimal impact to business operation, operational nuisance, localized or isolated impact
Level 4 – Low. Inquiry regarding a routine technical issue; information requested on application capabilities, navigation, installation or configuration; bug affecting a small number of users. Reasonable workaround available. Resolution required as soon as reasonably practical.
As indicated above, all cases submitted by Designated Contacts with only a Basic Support subscription will be classified by SoftLedger as either Minor or No Impact Severity.
Target Initial Response Time. SoftLedger shall use its commercially reasonable efforts to respond to each case within the applicable response time described below, depending on the severity level set on the case:
Level 1 – Urgent: 1 hour target initial response time.
Level 2 – High: 2 hour target initial response time.
Level 3 – Normal: 1 business day initial response time.
Level 4 – Low: 2 business day initial response time.
Level 1 cases must be submitted via telephone as described above.
Level 1 and 2 target initial response times apply ONLY to cases submitted via telephone.
Level 3 and 4 target initial response times include business hours between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern time and exclude weekends and holidays.
Resolution Objective – SoftLedger will use continuous, commercially reasonable efforts to resolve or reduce the severity level of any Urgent or High Severity case within eight (8) hours of being notified of the Issue by You. For Issues that cannot be resolved within eight (8) hours, commercially reasonable efforts to reduce the severity level of any Critical or Urgent Severity Issue will continue uninterrupted until the severity can be reduced to Normal or Low according to the definitions above.
Cooperation. SoftLedger must be able to reproduce errors in order to resolve them. You shall cooperate and work closely with SoftLedger to reproduce errors, including conducting diagnostic or troubleshooting activities as requested. Also, subject to Your approval on a case-by-case basis, Designated Contacts may be asked to provide remote access to their SoftLedger application and/or desktop system for troubleshooting purposes.
Excluded Items. Support DOES NOT INCLUDE any of the following:
- Assistance with SoftLedger password resets or forgotten usernames. Users should click the “Don't remember your password?” link on the login page or contact their system administrator.
- Assistance with SoftLedger lockouts due to incorrect login attempts. Users should contact their system administrator to unlock the account, or wait for the lockout period to expire.
- Assistance in developing customizations.
- Assistance with non-SoftLedger products, services, or technologies including implementation, administration or use of third-party enabling technologies such as databases, computer networks, personal computers, networks, printers, tablets, mobile phones, accounting applications, or communication systems.
General usage questions that are typically covered in training sessions. Examples of these types of topics include, but may not be limited to, general usage of features of the application, specific business processes, demonstrations of new or existing features. Additional training is available for purchase at an hourly